Executive Director Search
Mainely Girls is seeking an Executive Director who will lead our organization and
manage programs, initiatives, finances and fundraising. The Executive Director reports to
the Mainely Girls Board of Directors and is responsible for ensuring excellence in
operations to successfully implement the non-profit organization’s mission.
Mainely Girls supports girls through empowering arts and adventure-based activities,
bookclubs, mentorships, and civic initiatives. Mainely Girls works in rural Maine
communities and on the state level to bring about positive change for 8th -10th grade
girls. This well established non-profit organization began over twenty years ago in
Midcoast Maine and is now rooted in Aroostook County.
Mainely Girls Executive Director – Overall Responsibilities
• Grant writing, fundraising, and donor cultivation
• Work with the Mainely Girls Board to develop and implement multi-year strategic plans
• Develop empowering programs with an understanding of social activism and feminist theory
• Build greater public awareness of Mainely Girls and increase participation
• Promote a continued strong and cohesive team of mentors, interns, and volunteers
• Manage and provide reports to board and funders
• Experience in managing staff/programs, preferably with youth
• Understand school systems and educational theory; some experience in Crisis Intervention/
Youth at Risk is preferred
• Four year college degree, minimum
Click here for a pdf version of this document.
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
For more information about this position, contact Carol Ayoob at 768-5903.